Knowledge Base - Technical Articles
HowTo: Download, extract, and install ArcGIS Desktop 10
|Software:||ArcGIS - ArcEditor 10 ArcGIS - ArcInfo 10 ArcGIS - ArcView 10|
|Platforms:||Windows XP, 2003Server, Vista, 2008Server, Win 7|
Download ArcGIS Desktop 10
1. Open an internet browser and connect to the Esri Customer Care Portal.
2. Log in to the portal with the Esri Global Account information.
3. Click the Software Download link.
4. Click ArcGIS Desktop 10.
5. Click the Download button.
6. Click the “Click to download your file now” button.
Esri Download Manager starts to download ArcGIS Desktop 10. This is large file and will take some time to download.
Extract ArcGIS Desktop 10 ISO File
The downloaded file is an ISO file. This file must be burned to a DVD or extracted with extraction software, such as 7-Zip or IsoBuster, before it can be used to install ArcGIS Desktop 10.
If 7-Zip or IsoBuster is already installed, skip the following steps, extract the ISO file using that software, and go to the installation section.
1. Open an internet browser and connect to the 7-Zip site.
2. Download the appropriate type of the software, either 32- or 64-bit.
4. Right-click the ArcGIS Desktop 10 ISO file.
5. Click 7-Zip and click "Extract files…”.
6. Click OK to create a new folder. This folder will include the extracted ISO file and and the ArcGIS Desktop 10 files.
Install ArcGIS Desktop 10
1. Uninstall previous versions of ArcGIS Desktop before proceeding.
ArcGIS Desktop can be uninstalled through Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
2. Open the folder containing the extracted ISO files.
3. Double-click ESRI.exe to start installation.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the installation.
6. Authorize ArcGIS Administrator for single use or configure ArcGIS Administrator to connect to a license manager.
Last Modified: 6/30/2011