Knowledge Base - Technical Articles
HowTo: Install ArcGIS for use with Single Use and/or Concurrent Use Licenses
|Software:||ArcGIS - ArcEditor 9.0 ArcGIS - ArcInfo 9.0 ArcGIS - ArcView 9.0|
|Platforms:||Windows NT 4.0, 2000, XP|
Instructions provided describe how to install ArcGIS and the licensing for both Single Use and Concurrent Use.
Select the desired Installation Type.
- SINGLE USE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Verify the ArcGIS Media kit is accessible as well as the UNK registration numbers before starting the install.
1. Insert CD 1 from the ArcGIS media kit.
2. The installation wizard begins, select the option, 'Install for Individual Use'.
3. Proceed through the wizard, and accept all of the default options.
4. At the end of the wizard, a prompt to install additional components such as ESRI Crystal Reports and Tutorial Data appears. Select the additional options to install, and go through the installation wizards for each.
5. At the end of these wizards, a prompt to register the product appears. Go through the registration wizard and enter the appropriate information including the customer information, and the UNK registration numbers.An Internet Connection is required to Register.
6. If it does not prompt for registration at the end of the installation, activate the registration wizard by navigating to: Start > Programs > ArcGIS > Desktop Administrator, and select the folder Register Single Use and Extensions. Then select the Register Now button.
7. Finish out of the wizard, and the ArcGIS suite of software should be accessible.
- CONCURRENT USE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Verify the ArcGIS Media kit is accessible as well as a hardware key and a license file that matches the number printed on the hardware key. This number should be 8 digits in length, and start with a 3.
1. Select the machine to install the license manager on and insert CD 1 from the ArcGIS media kit.This can be a local workstation or a server.
2. The installation wizard appears and lists three options. Select the option, 'Install License Manager Only'.
3. Proceed through the license manager wizard accepting the default options, and when prompted, navigate to the license file.
4. Finish the wizard and reboot the machine. While the machine is rebooting, plug in the hardware key.This concludes the install process for the license manager.
5. Select the machine, or machines to install the ArcGIS suite on, and perform the software installation on each of the machines.
6. Insert CD 1 from the ArcGIS media kit and select the option, 'Install for Individual Use'.
7. The wizard prompts for the location of an operational license manager. If the license manager is installed locally, it detects it and asks if it should be used. Select Yes. If the license manager is installed on another machine, navigate the network for the machine that the license manager software is installed on, and then continue with the wizard.
8. Go through the wizard and accept the default options.
9. At the end of the wizard, a prompt to install additional components such as ESRI Crystal Reports and Tutorial Data appears. Select the additional options to install, and proceed through the installation wizards for each.
10. At the end of these wizards, the ArcGIS suite of software should be accessible.
Last Modified: 7/8/2005