ArcGIS 10.1 (Server) Configuring HTTPS\SSL on a non-English Environment Patch
Date Published: 09-18-2012
This patch addresses the issue of being unable to create SSL certificates on operating systems that display non-English console messages.
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Windows
- Installing this Patch on Linux
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 10.1 (Server) Configuring HTTPS\SSL on a non-English Environment Patch. This patch addresses the issue of being unable to create SSL certificates on operating systems that use a locale other than English to display console messages. As a result of this issue, the default self signed certificate is not created upon site creation and user defined SSL certificates cannot be generated. This issue does not occur when console messages are displayed in English. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM083964 - Cannot create SSL certificates on ArcGIS Server when on operating systems where console messages are displayed in a non-English language.
Under the <ArcGIS Installation Directory>\server\framework\lib\server\ folder:
- Download Gis101-S-SSL-Patch.zip to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Extract Gis101-S-SSL-Patch.zip to a location other than your ArcGIS Installation location.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click Setup.exe to start the install process.
NOTE: Setup.exe will stop and restart your ArcGIS Server service during installation!
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
|ArcGIS Server for Windows||Gis101-S-SSL-Patch.zip|
Complete the following install steps as the ArcGIS Install owner. The Install owner is the owner of the arcgis folder.
ArcGIS 10.1 for Server must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Download and extract the Gis101-S-SSL-Patch.tar file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
ArcGIS Server for Linux Gis101-S-SSL-Patch.tar
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Start the installation by typing:
This will start the dialog for the menu-driven installation procedure. Default selections are noted in parentheses ( ). To quit the installation procedure, type 'q' at any time.
Note: The applypatch executable will stop and restart your ArcGIS Server service during installation!
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, Choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine.
If you are in the United States, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. Sites outside of the United States, please contact your local Esri software distributor.