ArcGIS 10 Service Pack 1 (Desktop) Active Tool Patch
Date Published: 01-10-2011
This patch addresses an issue with the cursor of the active tool not drawing properly when the tool has been selected programmatically.
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Windows
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 10 Service Pack 1 (Desktop) Active Tool Patch. This patch addresses an issue with the cursor of the active tool not drawing properly when the tool has been selected programmatically. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM062255 - The cursor for 'Sketch tool' in the editor toolbar does not function properly when invoked programmatically.
Description: This patch fixes a problem in the application framework whereby tools set programmatically did not have their enabling logic consulted/triggered in the correct periodic fashion. This prevented some tools, like the Sketch tool, from updating their state including its cursor.
Under the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Bin folder:
- ArcGIS (Desktop, Engine, Server) 10 Service Pack 1 must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Double-click ArcGIS-DT-10SP1-ActiveTool-Patch.msp to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
|Desktop Active Tool Patch||ArcGIS-DT-10SP1-ActiveTool-Patch.msp|
- If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this patch must be applied to all client installations.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10 Enterprise Deployment.
Check the ArcGIS Resource Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.