ArcView Dialog Designer Extension for ArcView 3.0a (Windows and Macintosh)
ArcView Dialog Designer provides the ability to build custom interfaces and dialogs within ArcView. If you have ArcView 3.1, the Dialog Designer extension is already included and you should not download this version.Description
The ArcView Dialog Designer extension provides the ability to build custom interfaces and dialogs within ArcView. This includes the ability to use standard form controls such as command buttons, radio buttons, list boxes, slider bars, and icons.
Because the Dialog Designer is an integrated ArcView extension, every control and property is accessible and changeable from Avenue (ArcView software's development environment).
Attention Developers! The Dialog Designer can be redistributed with your applications. This allows you to create complete solutions and distribute your dialogs with your applications. Check out the Object Model for the controls in this extension.
The Dialog Designer is available FREE on the Web to all users of ArcView 3.0a on Windows and Macintosh platforms. Dialog Designer for Unix is included in the ArcView 3.0b Update.
- If you have ArcView 3.1 or 3.2, the Dialog Designer extension is already included, and you should not download this version.
- To use this extension you must have ArcView 3.0a installed on your computer. You can Download ArcView 3.0a from this support site.
- The ArcView Dialog Designer extension for Unix is included in the ArcView 3.0b software update. You can Download ArcView 3.0b for Unix from this support site.
- Dialog Designer provides a complete reference guide as well as tutorial in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF). You can download the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader for FREE from the Adobe Web site, www.adobe.com.
Install Instructions for Windows:
- Download the avdlog.exe file.
- Run the avdlog.exe program downloaded by double-clicking on the file.
- Follow the installation instructions on the screen.
Install Instructions for Macintosh:
- Download either the ArcView Dialog Designer for Macintosh - Binary file (MacBinary) or the ArcView Dialog Designer for Macintosh - Binhex file (BinHex4). This will download/decode/unstuff the AV Dialog Designer folder.
- Open the AV Dialog Designer folder and double-click on the Dialog Designer Installer program.
- Follow the install instructions on the screen.