ArcGIS 10.2.2 for (Desktop, Engine, Server) Set Shapefile Default Code Page Patch
This patch allows user sites to modify the default code page used in shapefiles to meet specific needs. At 10.2.1 the default code page was set to UTF-8 to be consistent with industry standards.Description
- Issues Addressed with this patch
- Files Installed with this patch
- Installing this patch on Windows
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
- Getting Help
Esri® announces the ArcGIS 10.2.2 for (Desktop, Engine, Server) Set Shapefile Default Code Page Patch. To be consistent with industry standards at ArcGIS 10.2.1 UTF-8 was established the default code page for shapefiles. This patch allows user sites to modify this default to meet specific needs via a registry key. Knowledge Base - Technical Article 21106 explains the changes and provides a partial list of supported code pages. Any code page supported by Windows is likely to work. This patch deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM100357 - Setting the code page in the registry does not properly change the code page used by a shapefile on creation. (Desktop and Engine only)
- NIM100355 - Adding Japanese characters as field names for a shapefile is generating the error: "Failed to add the field to the table /Feature class. The field type is invalid or unsupported for the operation".
- NIM098820 - A shapefile created at 10.2, and then consumed and exported in 10.2.1, loses the attribute values in the last field.
NOTE: On ArcGIS for Server, for Web compatibility, UTF-8 data will always be created.
System Administrators: A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10.2.2 setups using Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10.2.2 Enterprise Deployment.
ArcGIS 10.2.2 for Desktop, Engine, or Server must be installed before installing this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click ArcGIS-1022-<Product>-SSDCP-Patch.msp to start the setup process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the setup installation, you can start the setup installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\ArcGIS-1022-<Product>-SSDCP-Patch.msp
|ArcGIS for Desktop||ArcGIS-1022-DT-SSDCP-Patch.msp||7C19F234060159046C65E2D334A61AFD|
| ArcGIS Desktop Background
| ArcGIS Engine Background
|ArcGIS for Server||ArcGIS-1022-S-SSDCP-Patch.msp||527603A42A681175479B3A1600946A2B|
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
September 11, 2014: Setups have been added for Desktop and Engine Background Geoprocessing for 64-bit.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.