ArcGIS 10.2 for Server Incorrect File Deletion Patch
This patch addresses an issue in which files and directories are incorrectly deleted when using ArcGIS Server on Linux.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed with this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Linux
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which ArcGIS products are installed
- Getting Help
Esri® announces the ArcGIS 10.2 for Server Incorrect File Deletion Patch. When long directory names and service names are used in ArcGIS Server, files and directories are sometimes deleted on the Linux file system. The length of the combined directory and service name varies, but if the combined lengths of the directory and service name are over 90 characters, there is a risk of this affecting your system. Esri recommends that all customers running ArcGIS for Server on Linux install this patch. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM093468 - Publishing a map service with a name that is greater than or equal to 96 characters in length on ArcGIS for Server (Linux), deletes most of the content in the './arcgis/server/' folder. This deletes ArcGIS for Server off the file system and as a consequence makes the site inaccessible.
System Administrators: A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10.2 setups using Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10.2 Enterprise Deployment.
Complete the following install steps as the ArcGIS Install owner. The Install owner is the owner of the arcgis folder.
ArcGIS 10.2 for Server must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Extract the specified tar file by typing:
% tar -xvf ArcGIS-102-S-IFD-Patch-lx.tar
- Start the Installation by typing:
This will start the dialog for the menu-driven setup procedure. Default selections are noted in parentheses ( ). To quit the setup procedure, type 'q' at any time.
Check the Patches and Service Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To determine which ArcGIS products are installed, choose the appropriate version of the PatchFinder utility for your environment and run it from your local machine. PatchFinder will list all products, hot fixes, and patches installed on your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local Esri software distributor.