Tracking Server 10.1 Patch 1
This Patch is obsolete. It has been replaced with a more recent Tracking Server 10.1 Service Pack. We recommend that customers download and install the latest Tracking Server 10.1 Service Pack.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Installing this Patch
- Patch and Service Pack Updates
- Getting Help
This patch contains general maintenance fixes and enhancements for Tracking Server 10.1, but it is now obsolete. It has been replaced with a more recent Tracking Server 10.1 Service Pack. We recommend that customers download and install the latest Tracking Server 10.1 Service Pack.
- Enhancements to Tracking Server’s internal messaging greatly reduce message sizes and conserve network bandwidth.
- Client Data Logger enhancements increase efficiency of logging (and maximum message logging rate) by allowing buffering of messages before writing to file.
- Attributes from real-time data are now accessible in real-time services consumed as KML in ArcGIS Explorer.
- Additional configuration files and related enhancements allow Tracking Server services (Tracking Gateway, Flex Policy Server, and Silverlight Policy Server) to run as an application rather than running as a Windows service.
- Issue fixed where Tracking Server Windows services were not able to start after applying Microsoft operating system updates.
- Performance enhancement increases maximum data message throughput of Generic Input Data Link.
- Technical Enhancement: Tracking Gateway enhancement improves stability when multiple SetAOI function calls are performed by client applications (using Tracking Client API) within a short period of time.
- Technical Enhancement: Tracking Gateway enhancement allows WKID of message definition’s spatial reference to be accessible from Tracking Client APIs.
- Technical Fix: The string variable SpatialReference (in MessageDefinition in ESRI.Tracking.Connector.DotNet dll) is no longer being automatically set with "\t\t\t\t\t" at the beginning and “\t\t\t\t” at the end.
- Technical Fix: Tracking Gateway improvements make it possible for Tracking Client API for Silverlight to raise disconnect events more reliably.
Tracking Server 10.1 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Stop Tracking Server and close all Tracking Server programs and utilities. Stop all Windows services associated with Tracking Server (Tracking Gateway, Flex Policy Server, Silverlight Policy Server). Also, close the Tracking Server Controller in the Windows tray.
- Make sure you have write access to your Tracking Server installation location, and that no one is accessing it.
- Download the file to a location other than the installation folder:
Tracking Server TrackingServer10.1-Patch1 12.5 MB
- Double-click the msp file to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of patch]\<Product>patch1.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- When Setup finishes, the Tracking Server Post Install dialog box will open. If you have already run the Tracking Server Post Install, there is no need to perform any post installation steps at this time.
- You may now restart Tracking Server and associated Tracking Server programs and utilities.
Check the Patches and Services Packs page periodically for the availability of additional patches and service packs. New information about this patch will be posted here.
If you are in the United States, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. Sites outside of the United States, please contact your local Esri software distributor.