ArcGIS 10.1 Desktop Parcel Editing General Maintenance Patch
This patch resolves issues encountered with the Parcel Editor when connected to an ArcSDE database. Switching versions or database users results in broken editing templates and the reporting parcel layers are not turned on when joining. It also addresses issues with the Parcel Naming tool when working on parcels with origin connection lines.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Windows
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 10.1 Desktop Parcel Editing General Maintenance Patch. This patch resolves issues encountered with the Parcel Editor when connected to an ArcSDE database. Switching versions or database users results in broken editing templates and the reporting parcel layers are not turned on when joining. It also addresses issues with the Parcel Naming tool when working on parcels with origin connection lines. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM079291 - When using the Parcel Editor, the tool "Name Parcels Sequentially Using a Line" does not change the parcel name for a parcel that has an origin connector line attached to it.
- NIM080521 - Templates are not showing up correctly when switching versions or Database Users on a map document containing the Parcel Fabric.
Description: This could also result in issues such as the inability to join or snap to certain layers, successful operation of tools that function with use of templates, and basic parcel editing.
- NIM080809 - When using the Parcel Editor, Line Points links do not display correctly when switching between join mode away from the original position of the geometry.
- NIM081316 - When using the Parcel Editor, the job table will display a unique constant violation for the job name if an empty name exists.
- NIM081317 - When using the Parcel Editor, a resource Contention (Insert & Update) can occur on Job Table Name Field if the name is not unique.
Under the Windows C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\bin folder:
- Download Gis101-DT-PEGM-Patch.msp to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click Gis101-DT-PEGM-Patch.msp to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\Gis101-DT-PEGM-Patch.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
Check the ArcGIS Resource Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
If you are in the United States, please contact Esri Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. Sites outside of the United States, please contact your local Esri software distributor.