ArcGIS 10.0 Service Pack 4 (Desktop) Parcel Editor Patch
This patch resolves issues encountered with the parcel fabric functionality of map documents connecting to an SDE database. It also addresses issues of line errors occurring when editing unjoined or joined parcels.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Windows
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 10.0 Service Pack 4 (Desktop) Parcel Editor Patch. This patch addresses issues that occur when using map documents that point to SDE databases without administrative rights. It also addresses issues with editing unjoined and joined parcel data. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM079479 - Removing the curve on a parcel does not remove the curve in the database
- NIM074315 - When using a 10.1 client to save a copy of MXD file with a parcel fabric to a 10.0 version, it causes ArcMap 10.0 to crash.
- NIM080521 - Templates are not showing up correctly when switching versions or Database Users on a map document.
Description: This also includes editing linework of unjoined or joined parcels caused additional lines to appear when saved back to the database.
Description: This could also result in issues such as the inability to join or snap to certain layers, successful operation of tools that function with use of templates, and basic parcel editing
Under the Windows C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\bin folder:
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10 Enterprise Deployment.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click Gis10sp4-DT-PE-Patch.msp to start the install process.
NOTE: If double clicking on the MSP file does not start the Patch installation, you can start the Patch installation manually by using the following command:
msiexec.exe /p [location of Patch]\Gis10sp4-DT-PE-Patch.msp
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
Check the ArcGIS Resource Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder.exe utility and run it from your local machine.
If you are in the United States, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Patch. Sites outside of the United States, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.