ArcGIS Server Geoportal Extension 10 Patch to invoke xsd schema validation
This patch addresses an issue in Geoportal Extension 10, where xsd schema validation for metadata profiles are not invoked when schemas are referenced in the definition.xml files.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS Server Geoportal Extension 10 Patch to invoke xsd schema validation. This patch addresses an issue in Geoportal Extension 10 where xsd schema validation for metadata profiles are not invoked even when schemas are referenced in the definition.xml files.
In Geoportal Extension 10, xsd schema validation for metadata profiles is not invoked even when schemas are referenced in the definition.xml files (found in the \\geoportal\WEB-INF\classes\gpt\metadata subdirectories of the geoportal web application). The resulting behavior is that only the definition.xml file rules are used for validation, and xsd schema validation is not invoked.
This fix addresses the issue by enabling the xsd schema validation to be invoked if an xsd is referenced in the definition.xml files. Out of the box, an xsd is referenced in the following definition.xml files, although an xsd reference can be added to any of the definition.xml files in the geoportal web application: iso-19115-definition.xml, nap-iso-19115-definition.xml, and nap-iso-19119-definition.xml.
Under the \\geoportal\WEB-INF\lib folder:
Geoportal Extension 10 must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Stop your geoportal web application.
- Download, save, and unzip the patch to a location local to your geoportal web application.
- Navigate to the \\geoportal\WEB-INF\lib directory on the server hosting your geoportal.
- Cut the gpt.jar file from this location, and paste it to a backup location.
IMPORTANT: This gpt.jar file must not be present in the \\geoportal\WEB-INF\lib directory.
- Navigate to the unzipped directory containing the patch file.
- Copy the gpt-h1.jar file from the unzipped directory to the \\geoportal\WEB-INF\lib directory.
- Start your geoportal web application. From this point forward, the xsd validation will be applied when you publish resources to the geoportal.
|Geoportal Extension 10||GeoportalExtension-xsd-schema-Patch.zip|
- Once you've applied this patch, the geoportal will first evaluate a metadata document by the applicable definition.xml file validation rules, and next apply the rules according to the referenced xsd. Errors that appear in the Geoportal user interface as a result of a document failing xsd schema validation may not be as easy for the user to interpret as those displayed when the document fails the definition.xml validation rules.
For more information about how the Geoportal validates metadata, see the 'Process of creating a discoverable metadata document' section of the 'Add a Custom Profile' webhelp.
Check the ArcGIS Resource Center periodically for the availability of additional Service Packs. New information about this Service Pack will be posted here.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.