ArcGIS 10 SP1 (Desktop) Split Custom Features with Relationship Propagation Patch
This patch addresses an issue causing custom split behavior to display the errors "The feature could not be split" and "The feature could not be split. The feature is deleted". This occurs when attempting to split a complex feature that participates in a relationship built with relationship message propagation. This is only encountered when using third party applications that override the default split behavior such as Telvent ArcFM.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Windows
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces ArcGIS 10 SP1 (Desktop) Split custom features with relationship propagation patch. This patch addresses an error thrown when using Split on custom features with relationship propagation. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
- NIM063552 - Splitting a custom feature with relationship class may fail if the custom feature overrides the default split behavior and if the relationship notification has been turned on.
Description: When split behavior is changed using a custom feature class extension, the split tool will display an error instead of completing the split. This error only occurs when the data has a relationship class set up with any of the message propagation options enabled. The Telvent ArcFM Solution commonly has this data definition set up and recommends users apply this patch to prevent this error and correctly split the feature.
Under the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Bin folder:
- ArcGIS (Desktop, Engine, Server) 10 Service Pack 1 must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download the appropriate file to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Double-click ArcGIS-DT-10SP1-SplitCustFeature-Patch.msp to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this patch must be applied to all client installations.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 10 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 10 Enterprise Deployment.
Check ArcGIS Resource Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To find out what ArcGIS products are currently installed on your machine, download the PatchFinder utility and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.