ArcGIS 9.3.1 Double-Click Open Document Patch
This patch addresses cases where double-clicking on an ArcMap, ArcScene, ArcGlobe, or ArcReader document will fail to open the document.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 9.3.1 Double-Click Open Document Patch. This patch addresses cases where double-clicking on an ArcMap, ArcScene, ArcGlobe, or ArcReader document will fail to open the document. This problem occurs most commonly on the Windows 2000 operating system, but it may also occur on Windows XP. We recommend that all users who are experiencing this problem download and install this Patch at their earliest convenience to ensure the highest quality experience when working with ArcGIS 9.3.1. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
NIM045833 - "ArcGISFileHandler.exe Entry Point Not Found" error received when attempting to open a PMF or MXD by double-clicking after upgrading to 9.3.1.
Description: When attempting to open an ArcMap, ArcScene, ArcGlobe, or ArcReader document via a double-click, the error "ArcGISFileHandler.exe - Entry Point Not Found. The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL" will be shown and the document will fail to open. This patch resolves the dependency issue that causes this error message and the document open operation to fail.
- Resolves issue with downloading secure content from ArcGIS Online when using ArcGIS Desktop.
- Under the ArcGIS\bin folder:
ArcGIS Desktop 9.3.1 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Download GIS931-DCOD-Patch.EXE to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click GIS931-DCOD-Patch.EXE to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this patch must be applied to all client installations.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 9.3 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered.
ArcGIS 9.3 Enterprise Deployment.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
May 12, 2010 - This patch will be included in the next available Service Pack or Major Release.
To find out what products and which patches are currently installed on your machine, download
the PatchFinder931.exe utility
and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.