ArcGIS Server 9.3.1 Software Authorization Wizard Patch
This patch addresses an issue with the registration of the Microsoft Virtual Earth Extension for ArcGIS Server 9.3.1.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS Server 9.3.1 Software Authorization Wizard Patch. This patch addresses an issue during registration of the Microsoft Virtual Earth Extension for ArcGIS Server 9.3.1. We recommend that all who use Microsoft Virtual Earth with ArcGIS Server 9.3.1 download and install this Patch at their earliest convenience to ensure the highest quality experience when working with ArcGIS 9.3.1. It deals specifically with the issue listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
NIM045432 - Microsoft Virtual Earth for ArcGIS Server 9.3.1 cannot be registered when selecting 'I have already registered the software and need to register additional options or extensions.'
Description: When registering the Microsoft Virtual Earth extension for ArcGIS Server 9.3.1 using the 'I have already registered the software and need to register additional options or extensions.' option, the Next button on the Evaluate Extensions panel is disabled so users cannot complete the authorization process without selecting one of the other extensions for evaluation.
- Under the ArcGIS\bin folder:
ArcGIS Server 9.3.1 must be installed before you can install this Patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Download GIS931-SAW-Patch.EXE to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click GIS931-SAW-Patch.EXE to start the install process. The Setup automatically detects the ArcGIS products you have installed (Desktop, Engine or Server) on your machine and executes the appropriate patch or patches accordingly.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- After applying the patch, follow the instructions outlined in the technical article HowTo: Register Microsoft Virtual Earth with ArcGIS Server 9.3.1.
- If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS setup, this patch must be applied to all client installations.
- System Administrators - A technical paper is available that discusses the enterprise deployment of ArcGIS 9.3 setups using Microsoft® Systems Management Server (SMS) and Group Policy, including additional system requirements, suggestions, known issues, and Microsoft Software Installation (MSI) command line parameters. Deployment in a lockdown environment is also covered. ArcGIS 9.3 Enterprise Deployment.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this Patch will be posted here.
May 12, 2010 - This patch will be included in the next available Service Pack or Major Release.
To find out what products and which patches are currently installed on your machine, download
the PatchFinder931.exe utility
and run it from your local machine.
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this Service Pack. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.