ArcGIS 9.2 SP6 (Desktop, Engine, Server) Geodatabase Topology Parametric Curve Patch
This patch addresses cases where features containing parametric curves were inadvertently replaced with densified representations as a result of NIM037520. We recommend all who use a geodatabase topology in conjunction with features containing parametric curves and may have been affected by NIM037520, download and install this Patch at their earliest convenience to ensure the high highest quality experience when working with ArcGIS 9.2 Service Pack 6.Description
- Issues Addressed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch on Windows
- Patch Updates
- How to identify which Patch is installed
- Getting Help
ESRI® announces the ArcGIS 9.2 SP6 (Desktop, Engine, Server) Geodatabase Topology Parametric Curve Patch
. This patch addresses cases where features containing parametric curves were inadvertently replaced with densified representations.
We recommend all who use a geodatabase topology in conjunction with features containing parametric curves, download and
install this Patch at their earliest convenience to ensure the high highest quality experience when working with ArcGIS 9.2
Service Pack 6. It also contains a utility to repair curves that were replaced with densified representations resulting from topology validataion. It deals specifically with the issues listed below under Issues Addressed with this Patch.
If you are using ArcSDE please note that another curve densification issue specific to ArcSDE data stored in Oracle’s ST_GEOMETRY has been fixed in the ArcSDE 9.2 Service Pack 6 Memory Allocation Patch . In this case an attribute only change can incorrectly generalize the curve. We recommend all who have features containing parametric curves in Oracle’s ST_GEOMETRY apply this patch.
- NIM037520 - One of a pair of overlapping curves is densified, the other is preserved during topology validation.
- This patch includes a utility to repair curves that were replaced with densified representations resulting from topology validation. For more information on using the utility, please see Technical Article 35880.
- Under the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Bin folder:
ArcGIS 9.2 Service Pack 6 must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Make sure you have write access to your ArcGIS installation location, and that no one is using ArcGIS.
- Download ArcGIS-92sp6-GDB-PC-Patch.EXE to a location other than your ArcGIS installation location.
- Double-click the downloaded setup file to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
- If you have installed client setups from a shared Network Administrative ArcGIS Desktop setup, this patch must be applied to all client installations.
Check Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches. New information about this patch will be posted here.
To check for the presence of a patch, for each file examine the File version information (right click, properties, version tab). With only a few exceptions, all files modified as part of a patch distribution can be uniquely identified in this manner. The File version for this patch should read:
Domestic sites, please contact ESRI Technical Support at 1-888-377-4575, if you have any difficulty installing this patch. International sites, please contact your local ESRI software distributor.