Geostatistical Analyst Patch
If you get an error message stating "Geostatistical Methods are not installed" when attempting to use the Geostatistical Extension, you need this patch.Description
- Hardware Environment
- Bugs Fixed with this Patch
- Files Installed in this Patch
- Installing this Patch
- Patch Updates
- Getting Help
ESRI® is pleased to announce the ArcGIS 8.1 Desktop Geostatistical Analyst Patch. If you get an error message stating, "Geostatistical Methods are not installed" when attempting to use the Geostatistical Extension, you need this patch.
During installation, you can either save the original 8.1 files or overwrite them. If you choose to save them, make sure you have enough disk space.The estimated disk space requirements are:
Windows NT/2000 1 MB
This bug has been fixed with this Patch:
CQ00146691: Only the Administrator can access the GeoStatistical Analyst toolbox. This error occurs because users with status other than "Power User" cannot write to the registry. To obtain more information on "Power User," see your Windows operating system documentation.
- Under the %ARCHOME%\bin directory:
Since this patch replaces several ArcGIS 8.1 files, ArcGIS Service Pack 1 must be installed before you can install this patch.
- Download GeoStatsPatch.ZIP.
- Use WinZip to extract Geostats_hotfix.exe from GeoStatsPatch.ZIP.
- Make sure you have write access to the ArcGIS Desktop installation folder and that no one is using ArcGIS Desktop.
- Double-click Geostats_hotfix.exe to start the install process.
- When Setup starts, follow the instructions on your screen.
Check the Online Support Center periodically for the availability of additional patches.
US sites please contact ESRI Technical Support at 909.793.3774 if you have any difficulty installing this patch. Sites outside the US please contact your local ESRI software distributor.